Located in Ocean County, NJ, Jackson is home to over 50,000 residents. It's not the biggest or busiest, but it's still home to a few junk car removal services and if you venture a little further afield, you'll find even more.
The Best Junk Car Buyers in Jackson, New Jersey
The following auto salvage yards and junk car services offer a quick, no-hassle service, and most of them will give you an instant quote, provide top dollar, and offer a free pick up:
- CJ Auto Salvage – (732) 928-2904: A great place to sell your vehicle and purchase some auto parts.
- NJ Kangal Auto Sales – (908) 432-5275: Located in Toms River, this company promises cash offers on a range of cars and trucks.
- East Brunswick Foreign and Domestic Auto Salvage – (732) 254-6501: Sells scrap and junk vehicles and may also offer cash for your car.
- NJ Scrap and Recycling Centre – (609) 758-8035: Deals in scrap metal.
- The Clunker Junker - (888) 383-4181: A nationwide service that offers cash for cars and helps to simplify the process. Not always the best solution, but usually a stress-free one that offers a fair price.
How to Sell Your Junk Car in Jackson, New Jersey
Are you ready to sell but don’t know what steps are required? Take a look at the following tips, which can help you to sell your junk car quickly, easily, and for the maximum value.
Check Your Other Options
If you bought your vehicle from a licensed dealer and it doesn’t work as it should, you could be protected by New Jersey Lemon Laws. NJ is one of just a few states that have Lemon Laws protecting used cars, as well as new ones. However, there are quite a few exceptions, including:
- Cars purchased from salvage.
- Any vehicle that is more than 7 years old.
- Cars sold for less than $3,000.
- Vehicles purchased from private sellers.
- Cars with more than 100,000 miles on the clock.
Your vehicle will also be excluded if it has been modified or abused in any way. In other words, you can’t make a claim if you spend several years using the car in a backyard destruction derby!
If your vehicle is excluded from all of these but is still operational, you should consider selling it privately. It’s a little more complicated and there are a few more steps involved, but you’ll get much more money in the long run.
Stick with Licensed Junkyards
Make sure that you’re only dealing with licensed and legitimate companies. We have listed a number of them in this guide, but there are more out there and you should always do some preliminary research.
One of the easiest ways to determine if the company is legitimate is to run a quick Google search. If a company is scamming customers, you’ll find a wealth of negative reviews, blacklist reports, and scam warnings. Scam companies don’t get very far these days and usually only need to defraud a few customers before the internet is awash with warnings and negative reports.
Usually, a company that doesn’t have any sort of online presence would be just as suspicious, but this isn’t really true for junkyards, as they are not as reliant on an online presence and some of them are run by old-school junk specialists who don’t really care for websites and a social media presence.
Get Your Info Ready
You’ll be asked for some basic information about your vehicle when you request a quote. If you have this info to hand, you can complete this process quickly and avoid all the frustration that comes from repeatedly answering the same questions and completing the same forms.
The info includes:
- Make and Model
- Condition of Engine
- Details of Damage (interior and exterior)
Get Multiple Quotes
Using the above information, you can get an accurate quote for your vehicle. But one isn’t enough, as you could be getting less than your car is worth. Get quotes from multiple junkyards in Jackson and compare these against one another.