You can get big money for your unwanted car in East Orange, NJ, and we’re here to show you how! We’ll take a look at the best salvage yards and junk car services in East Orange, New Jersey and show you how to get the best quotes and the highest cash offers every time.
We can help sell your junk car in East Orange and throughout Essex County including: City of Orange, West Orange, Maplewood, & Kearny, NJ.
The Best Junk Car Removal Services in East Orange, NJ
We’ve highlighted a few of the best junk car services available in East Orange, but their inclusion here doesn’t constitute a recommendation. You may still want to check some testimonials, scan a few Google reviews, and see what others are saying about these companies and their experiences.
- Lomuti Auto Salvage – (973) 673-6600: A local salvage yard located at 22 Lafayette St, City of Orange, NJ 07050.
- D’Aloia Auto Wreckers – (973) 676-4272: A junkyard that sells auto parts and offers a free quote and great rates on old cars. Give them a call, supply some basic information, and you’ll get a quote in no time. The are located at: 32 Main St, City of Orange, NJ 07050
- ABC Junk Car – (973) 346-2095: Offers same-day towing and promises to take any vehicle, whether you have a title or not, across Essex County.
- Bloomfield Auto Wreckers – (973) 748-4597: Has a toll-free number that you can contact for a free quote and serves a wide area, including large parts of New Jersey, Newark, and Paterson. You can find them at: 186 Grove St, Bloomfield, NJ 07003
- Mikes Auto Wrecking – (973) 674-0001: A major dealer in scrap metal and junk autos, and one that services most of Orange, New Jersey.
- The Clunker Junker – (888) 383-4181: You’ll see this nationwide service on most of our lists of the best junkyard services. It services all of East Orange and the surrounding area and promises a no-hassle service, with top dollar paid for all old cars, regardless of the make, model, or condition.
Questions about Junking Cars in East Orange, New Jersey
The process of offloading your unwanted vehicle in a junkyard is pretty simple. The companies make sure the process is completely hassle-free and painless. There are still some legal hoops that you need to jump through, however, and this is where things get a little more complicated.
If you’re junking a car for the first time, keep the following in mind:
What Will I Get for My Junk Car?
There are a lot of factors at play here, so we have to give you the answer that you never want to hear: It depends. The size of the vehicle, along with its age, model, and condition, will all impact the price.
Generally, if the car is a complete mess and is just gathering rust and dust, you can expect an offer of between $50 and $300. This is the state that most junk cars are in and it’s the average price paid for these vehicles.
If it’s still operational and doesn’t have a great deal wrong with it, $300 to $400 is usually a good starting price and you could even get upwards of $2,000. This is where the “$10,000!” quotes come in, but as much as junk car buyers like to quote these prices, they are only paid on very rare occasions.
Is it Ready to Be Junked?
On the rare occasions that you have a vehicle worth $2,000 to $10,000 in junk, you have to ask yourself if it’s ready to be junked at all. Just because the junkyard will take it off your hands and offer you a good price, doesn’t mean it’s the best option.
With a little elbow grease and some replacement parts, you could get significantly more, and if you find a buyer who just needs a little run-around, you can sell it “as is” for much more than the junk value.
Private selling is a good option for any car that is operational or has some inherent value (such as classic cars that just need a little work). However, if you have a beaten-up old Honda that’s barely even recognizable and looks like a prop from a post-apocalyptic film, it’s definitely ready to be junked.
What if I Don’t Have the Title?
You can still sell your vehicle in NJ without a title. You might not get as much money as you would if you had the title, but if you show them proof of ID and an old registration that should suffice. Make sure you mention this when you get your quote.
What do I do About my Auto Insurance?
If the vehicle still has an active auto insurance policy, you will need to contact them and request that it be canceled or moved to your new vehicle. This is not something that the junkyard can do for you, nor will it happen automatically as soon as you get rid of the vehicle.
NJ MCV Vehicle Centers
The NJ MVC provides title and registration services at the below locations near East Orange. You may need to schedule an appointment. You can find a map of all MVC vehicle centers here.
New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission
183 S 18th St B, East Orange, NJ 07018
450 Main Ave
Wallington, NJ 07057
Jersey City MVC
438 Summit Ave
Jersey City, NJ 07307